Friday, December 4

#5FandomFriday: Holiday {Recipe} Recommendations



5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space ChickYou can see the upcoming prompts here at the Female Geek Bloggers communityThis week's #5FandomFriday topic isn't specifically geeky, and it was so broad I really wasn't sure what I wanted to write about. 


Christmas cookies from my 2013 holiday home tour

After checking out a few other geek girls' posts, I decided to round up some of my favorite tried and true dessert recipes to make for the holidays - perfect for taking to parties and giving to friends! All pictures are from the recipes' original authors, so if you want to add them to your Pinterest boards please click the links and pin from the source.




5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups from Baker Chick - Look, I'm not saying I kept a container of this frosting and ate it with a spoon after I made the cookies, but I'm not saying I didn't.




4. Mini Hard Cider Cupcakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida - Perfect for adult holiday parties, like an ugly sweater bash, these cupcakes can be made with your favorite cider and are topped with yummy cream cheese icing. They're the perfect little bites.




3. Hershey's Cocoa Crinkle Cookies - A classic for a reason, these are basically brownie cookies topped with powdered sugar and they are absolutely delicious.




2. Soft Baked Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookies from The Dwelling Tree - Delicious, easy, and adaptable for any holiday or occasion just by changing the sprinkle colors!




1. Brownie Peppermint Cookies from Cooking Classy - Another easy recipe, since it starts with brownie mix, topped with a melt-in-your mouth dreamy icing with crushed candy canes (I recommend using a food processor for that part).



What's your favorite holiday dessert recipe? Tell us 
about it in the comments so we can all try it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these- I think I'll make those mini hard cider cupcakes for Christmas (as dessert alternative #2).

    ReplyDelete