Last Friday, I chaperoned four sweet girls on our grade-level field trip to Washington, D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Somehow, our conversation turned to "bucket lists" and as we went through the monuments, memorials, and museums on the National Mall we all started adding things to ours. We concluded our visit with a walk through the Butterfly Pavillion at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, where we each got to channel our inner Disney Princess by having butterflies land on our hair. I wanted to share a few of the gorgeous butterflies we saw with you today, along with an idea inspired by the girls - my "bucket list" of things I want to do this spring and summer!
- Donate my winter clothes and streamline my warm-weather wardrobe
- Plant a container herb garden
- Movies to see in April: Captain America 2, Divergent, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Muppets Most Wanted
- Go biking on the Greenways with Mr. Q
- Participate in the Gallop 4 the Greenways 5K next month
- Make s'mores in the fire pit
- Learn to ride a Stand Up Paddleboard
- Get my girlfriends together for brunch
- Visit the Virginia Safari Park at Natural Bridge
- Visit the local butterfly garden at the Science Museum of Western Virginia
- Movies to see in May and June: Belle, Neighbors, Days of Future Past, The Fault in Our Stars, 22 Jump Street.
- See a show at the Harvester Performance Center
- Join a Pure Barre or Zumba class
- Learn to use my sewing machine
- Attend Festival in the Park (1964: the Tribute is playing again!)
- Movies to see in July and August: Guardians of the Galaxy, A Dame to Kill For
- Attend the Strings and Spirits Festival
- Attend the Smith Mountain Lake Festival
- Rent a boat and spend a day on the lake with friends
- Have the art we've purchased framed and display it in our townhouse
- Visit Colonial Williamsburg
What's on your to-do list for this spring and summer?
What are you most looking forward to?