LISTEN. something new for your playlist
- One of my best friends from college came to visit us at the townhouse this weekend, and we packed so much fun into one weekend it was ridiculous - brewery visiting, tater tot eating, live music listening, puppy dog playing, and even the musical episode of Buffy. This is my last week of summer break, and it feels like it has been all too short. Joshua Radin's "Beautiful Day" sounds exactly how I want this week to feel. I'm linking up with Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos - check it out if you'd like to discover some new tunes :)
SWOON. my favorite pretty links this week
- Jennifer Blair shot this totally gorgeous mint and pastel fête.
- Style Me Pretty features such a lovely pink winery wedding.
- A sweet hot air balloon styled shoot over at Wedding Chicks.
- Wish I could write like: "The body sings the vows" at APW:
"When we spoke to each other, he held my hands so tightly my fingers ached. His arms shook. My knees trembled, invisible under ivory tulle. I listened to his voice—my husband’s voice!—an ancient hillside on which I lay, finally rested, soaking up joy."
SMILE. all things funny, cute, and quirky
- Buzzfeed's roundup of high school Snapchats is hilarious.
- Bridal Musings' blog branding-inspired photoshoot is so cute!
- The Nostalgia Machine gives you a playlist of childhood jams.
- Love this 30th birthday gift idea from You Are My Fave.
FLASHBACK. where was I again?
- Last year I participated in a Sunday Social all about food, shared beach bag essentials in bright shades of red and blue, rounded up quirky ceremony backdrops, shared my summer blog loves,
- Two years ago, I got to see President Obama speak in Roanoke and I shared summer and fall wardrobe inspiration in shades of gray.
- Three years ago I shared my thoughts on what makes a wedding fun and inspiration for traditional, modern, eclectic, and rustic weddings with a gray and yellow color palette.