Sunday, May 18

sunday social: summer fun!


1. What is your best summer memory as a kid?  

Visiting Disney World with my parents in high school the summer they paid off the mortgage on our house.  I was fifteen and I think I enjoyed the trip more than I would have if they'd taken me as a child because I really appreciated how big of a deal it was.  We stopped in Savannah, Georgia on the way down and stayed there for the night, and I fell in love with that city.  Disney World was great, of course, and one of the best parts was seeing my parents get to enjoy themselves and just totally geeking out together about the movies we loved and how magical everything is there.  

2. What is your favorite summer drink?

Sweet tea is my go-to year round, but it's extra good in the summer.  In the adult beverage category, I really love mojitos in the summertime - a mixed berry version was our wedding cocktail!

3. What is your favorite summer TV show?

So You Think You Can Dance!  I can't wait until it returns on May 28th.  I always have favorite dancers and I call in and vote every week.  A close second is Master Chef - Mr. Q and I both love it and it inspires us to use our kitchen more in the summer.

4. What is the best outdoor summer activity?

Being on the lake - I really love canoeing and kayaking, but I won't pass up a motorboat or pontoon ride if one is offered.  Just no sailboats - they make me seasick.

5. What are your summer vacation essentials?

Sunscreen, bug spray, and comfortable shoes - no matter where I am, if I'm in a new place, I want to see and do ALL THE THINGS.


No comments:

Post a Comment