Wednesday, July 30

inspiration for a modern alice in wonderland wedding

As I mentioned yesterday, last weekend I attended my college roommate's bridal shower. She has always loved fairytales and folklore (which led to her taking some really weird electives in school!), and her bridesmaids threw her an adorable Alice in Wonderland bridal shower, complete with "which way?" signs, a "looking glass" to walk through (mylar fringe), a flamingo umbrella, "drink me" teacups and "eat me" treats.  It got my inner event planner thinking - would it be possible to have a Wonderland themed wedding without the Disney trippiness or the Tim Burton creep factor?  Then I saw this Minted invitation (stripes and hand-drawn florals for the win!) and realized that I had my inspiration - for a modern, whimsical, Alice inspired celebration of which Lewis Carroll himself would approve!

Please note:  If you'd like to add any of these images to your Pinterest boards, please click on the link below the picture and pin from the source so the creators get credit for their work!

,
"Seed Packet" invitations by Alethea and Ruth for Minted


Fresh in Love Photography via Junebug Weddings

"When the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat- pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it, and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and fortunately was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge."


Storybook Hearts via Pinterest



"`The first thing I've got to do,' said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, `is to grow to my right size again; and the second thing is to find my way into that lovely garden. I think that will be the best plan.'"



"She was considering in her own mind (as well as she could, for the hot day made her feel very sleepy and stupid), whether the pleasure of making a daisy- chain would be worth the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies, when suddenly a White Rabbit with pink eyes ran close by her."


 



"There seemed to be no use in waiting by the little door, so she went back to the table, half hoping she might find another key on it, or at any rate a book of rules for shutting people up like telescopes: this time she found a little bottle on it, (`which certainly was not here before,' said Alice,) and round the neck of the bottle was a paper label, with the words `DRINK ME' beautifully printed on it in large letters."



"Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table: she opened it, and found in it a very small cake, on which the words `EAT ME' were beautifully marked in currants. `Well, I'll eat it,' said Alice, `and if it makes me grow larger, I can reach the key; and if it makes me grow smaller, I can creep under the door; so either way I'll get into the garden, and I don't care which happens!'"


Kristin Byrum Photography via Style Me Pretty

"There was a table set out under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it: a Dormouse was sitting between them, fast asleep, and the other two were using it as a cushion, resting their elbows on it, and the talking over its head. `Very uncomfortable for the Dormouse,' thought Alice; `only, as it's asleep, I suppose it doesn't mind.'"



"`There's one other flower in the garden that can move about 
like you,' said the Rose. `I wonder how you do it!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment