Tuesday, July 8

Style: Tropical Dreams

Here's the thing about our trip to Williamsburg:  prior to arriving in town, I basically considered it Fourth Grade Field Trip Land and wasn't very excited about going on vacation there.  Instead, my mind was on palm trees and pineapples.  I was fantasizing about a getaway in the Bahamas or the Caribbean, and my Polyvore inspiration sets were getting saturated with sea green, gold, and ocean blue...

Tropical Getaway

View this set on Polyvore

1. JC Penney linen tee  2. Lime Ricki tankini top  3. Old Navy lounge shorts  
4. ASOS phone case (similar)  5. Lime Ricki board shorts  6. ASOS sneakers (similar)  
7.  Essie "Ruffles and Feathers" nail polish  8Forever21 headphones
9. Deborah Lippmann "Shake Your Money Maker" nail polish

I put together an outfit inspired by this tropical color scheme to wear to my cousin's birthday party at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants.  Mr. Q actually picked out the green top for me on our last trip to Target! 
Merona popover top from Target | Lia Sophia Raise the Bar necklace
Lia Sophia Delta bracelet | Rosetti purse | LOFT jeans | BareTraps sandals

Little did I know that Williamsburg would be able to offer both palm trees (at our resort's beautifully landscaped pool) and pineapples (they're a traditional Colonial symbol of wealth and hospitality).  Not just that, but the town had much more to offer than churning butter and visiting the blacksmith.  I'll share some trip recaps with all the fun things we ended up doing later this week!

Linking Up:



Manic Monday at More Pieces of Me and The Daily Express


4 comments:

  1. This top is a beautiful color and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Inge Jane! Since I bought this top I've gotten a few other pieces in the same shade since I love it so much!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! I've been really drawn to this particular emerald shade of green lately.

      Delete