Sunday, July 27

sunday social: favorite 3's

Social Sunday

1. 3 favorite songs right now


Get More: 

  • "Alone Together," Fall Out Boy - specifically, this performance with The Band Perry from CMT Crossroads.  Who knew punk rock and country could sound so good together?  Kimberly's innocent-sounding voice just takes the song's lyrics to another level for me.
  • "Somethin' Bad," Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood - my SIL and I are in love with this song.  Our poor family had to listen to us sing this one in the car a lot on vacation.
  • "The Devil Takes Care of His Own," Band of Skulls - this one reminds me of the White Stripes circa White Blood Cells.  Part of my writing playlist right now, gets played on our local indie station a lot, and is also in the background of at least one TV commercial!


2. 3 favorite movies that remind you of summer


  • Dirty Dancing - filmed right here in Southwest Virginia!
  • Now and Then - probably the reason we had so many seances growing up?
  • Moonrise Kingdom - summer camp gets the Wes Anderson treatment.


3. 3 favorite articles of clothing you own
  • My LOFT skinny jeans - I wear them pretty much every weekend.
  • White pointelle sweater from Old Navy - perfect summer layer!
  • YOGA PANTS, let's be honest here.


4. 3 items on your wish list
  • A nice camera bag - Mr. Q bought a nice backpack for our DSLR but I'd love to have one that looks like a purse for when I'm the photographer on duty ;)
  • Black strappy sandals I can wear to work - either these or these.
  • This Fossil watch - I only like watches if they look more like jewelry.


5. 3 books you would recommend to someone
  • The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank - not actually about hunting or fishing; instead it's a coming-of-age tale told in a series of short stories.  I would especially recommend it to fans of Sex and the City and The Devil Wears Prada.
  • Wild by Cheryl Strayed - I loved this moving true story of a woman's journey on the Pacific Coast Trail; read my full review here.
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - a haunting, heartbreaking genre-bending YA novel about a German girl whose foster family hides a Jewish man in their basement during World War II.  

4 comments:

  1. I love love love that image of Dirty Dancing. Haha, gave me a good giggle. Love that movie! -Stopping by from Sunday Social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it on my computer forever and just needed the opportunity to use it!

      Delete
  2. Everyone seems to be listing dirty dancing.

    ReplyDelete