Thursday, July 25

entertaining: breeze's shower! [how to plan a rustic bridal shower: invites & decor]

One of the bridesmaid "duties" I was most excited about when Breeze got engaged was getting to help plan her bridal shower.  When Mr. Q and I got married, she and Coordinator C put together an adorable party for me.  I wanted to do the same for my best friend, taking inspiration from her wedding's rustic theme and yellow and navy color palette.

Rustic Bridal Shower invitations

I was fairly proud of the final invitation suite Coordinator C and I put together - it was my first time using computer software to design stationery.  Coordinator C had found a tea-stained mason jar template from Shoregirl's Creations and I had found mason jar themed recipe cards from Paper Crave.  I downloaded a font similar to the one on the recipe card and designed the invitation using GimpShop.  We printed both the invitations and recipe cards on ivory cardstock.  Then we used an Exacto knife to cut two small slits in the invitation and add a yellow ribbon.  The vintage seed packet stamps that the postal service introduced this spring were the perfect finishing touch.

Rustic Bridal Shower DecorationsRustic Bridal Shower Decorations

For the shower decorations, we decided to add pink to the wedding's yellow and navy color palette because it's Breeze's favorite color.  Her sister Mandi covered the kitchen island and tables with ivory tablecloths and burlap runners tied with twine - Breeze will be decorating her wedding tables in a similar way.  We borrowed the cool plate/napkin/utensil caddy from Breeze's aunt, I found the cute gingham print cocktail napkins at Marshall's, and Mandi made the tissue paper poms.  I decoupaged a cardboard letter "S" with gingham scrapbook paper and a lot of Mod Podge.

Rustic Bridal Shower Gift Table

Mandi put some of Breeze and the Cowboy's engagement pictures in a collage frame and it looked perfect on the gift table.

Rustic Bridal Shower

Here's the recipe card box - I found a plain wooden box with a cool metal screen lid at Michael's and stained it with a very light coat of Gunstock wood stain.  The dividers are cardstock trimmed to size, decorated with two strips of washi tape, and stamped with an alphabet set I have.  I thought the finished product had a nice rustic look.  A few ladies brought recipe cards from their boxes at home, which I thought was a really sweet personal touch.

Rustic Bridal Shower

My favorite shower detail were the mason jars and striped paper straws!  I was determined to have drinks served in mason jars since that was a big part of our theme, but dreaded having to wash 30 jars after the party.  The solution?  We told guests to take their glasses home!  Instant party favor.  Breeze loved the striped straws; I'd ordered them from PuppyCatCrafts on Etsy.


Rustic Bridal ShowerRustic Bridal Shower

My mom did a great job arranging the flowers - I picked up a bouquet of white daisies, a bouquet of yellow daisies, and a mixed bunch at Fresh Market the morning of the party and let her work her magic.

Rustic Bridal Shower Decor

Welcome to the party!  Tomorrow I'll show you what we had to eat and drink... 
get ready for some recipes you'll definitely want to save for the parties in your future.  The final post in this series will be about games and gifts.

I'm linking up with: 

5 comments:

  1. These are great ideas!! I love the mason jar drinks! Thanks for sharing at my Weekend Beautiful Blog Party :-)
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment and for being such a great host, Shawna!

      Delete
  2. Love the whole concept, especially the bridal shower recipe cards idea. Can share so many recipes with the bride to be.

    ReplyDelete