Sunday, July 28

sunday social: FOOD!

Sunday Social
I couldn't resist linking up with Ashley and Neely this week since Sunday Social is all about FOOD!

1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Probably pizza - I'm trying to be practical and think about how I can get my whole grains, protein, and veggies and pizza is the answer :)

2. What’s your guilty pleasure/comfort food?  Hamburger Helper - I know that the boxed version is no good for me, but the combination of noodles, cheese, and ground beef is so addictive.  My mom used to make Hamburger Helper on "special occasions" when I was a kid because she didn't like making a lot of prepared foods.

3. What’s the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?  When I was in college I was blessed to have friends from around the world so I got to try a lot of international foods.  I think the strangest thing I've ever tasted is a moon cake, which is a dessert with a bean paste filling.

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?  Anything with parsley or cilantro on it - I believe I have a mild intolerance to these spices and they taste like soap to me.

5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?  Salad, toasted french bread with butter and garlic, and spaghetti with meat sauce - my mom's go-to home cooked meal.

6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.  The first time I cooked dinner for Mr. Q (while I was in college) I made pasta with shrimp, tomatoes and basil from Real Simple magazine.  He didn't have the heart to tell me that he's not a huge fan of pasta until much later.

4 comments:

  1. I make a similar pasta dish. It's my favorite! I don't know why he doesn't love pasta, he must be crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has some weird food hangups - pretty much everything has a "strange texture" in Mr. Q land.

      Delete
  2. I've actually heard liking cilantro is a genetic thing. Supposedly, it just tastes different to some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Apparently if you don't have the gene it tastes like soap (like it does for me) but I also get a really upset stomach when I eat parsley or cilantro, and once my throat got itchy when I ate shrimp pasta with a lot of parsley on it - my family was really concerned that I had developed a shellfish allergy but it was the parsley.

      Delete