I curated most of this post well in advance of this weekend's tragic events in Baton Rouge, St. Paul, and Dallas, and I'm still at a loss as to how to address my feelings about the state of my country right now on this blog. Even on a lifestyle blog about color and celebration, there has to be time for quiet, time for mourning, time for real. This week, I am longing for balance.
CHERISH. let these links brighten your day.
- In love with Julie Blanner's simply elegant home tour.
- Cute Toronto City Hall nuptials via Intimate Weddings.
- This glittery DC pop-up wedding looks like so much fun.
- At SMP, a fun poolside party with pineapples and rosé.
BREATHE. take time for simplicity and reflection.
- July Desktops: Sea of Atlas, Smashing, Soggy Musings
- If you read one click this week, let it be Liz's "Heartbeats":
"I don’t know what to do to fix it. But I know I was given a voice. We all have that in common too. See how alike we are."
FLASHBACK. favorite posts from the past.
- 2015: Custard yellow and teal home decor and accessories, a bridal emergency kit, my early summer in Instagram, the Avengers book tag,
- 2014: a Sunday Social all about the special people in my life, reviewed an eShakti vintage-inspired dress, recapped our trip to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown Settlement, and checked in with Literary Junkies.
- 2013: inspiration for log home exteriors and interior design and collecting rustic wedding inspiration as we started planning Breeze's big day.
- 2012: a few of my favorite blogs and a round-up of braided bridal hairstyles.
- 2011: the bridal shower my friends gave me, my final hair and makeup trial, and my bachelorette party.