Wednesday, July 18

wedding wednesday: braided bridal hairstyles six ways


I was obsessed with side braids back in January, and the trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  I feel like every time I leave my house this summer, I see a cute girl rocking some kind of braid!  Call it the Katniss Everdeen Effect.  Braids of all kinds can make for show-stopping bridal hairstyles, but they also look cute at a summer music festival or a quick trip to the farmer's market.  Keep reading for six ways to rock a braid as a bride, bridesmaid, or for any special (or everyday!) occasion... and yes, you can pair a braided hairstyle with a veil- I've found photographic evidence.

Please note:  If you'd like to add any of the images from this post to your Pinterest boards, please click the link beneath the picture to visit the original source - that way the creator gets the credit!


1. braided updos

Keiko Lynn via The Blushing Bride || Heidi Klum via Weddingbee

Keiko Lynn's maiden braid is cute enough for a special event but could be dressed down for everyday wear - maybe with a vintage dress?  Heidi Klum's hairstyle would be easy to adapt for bridesmaids or a bride.

2. braided chignons


3. classic french braids 


A classic, centered French braid is easy enough for work or even the gym, but these brides show that the second braiding style you ever learned can become formal with a simple ribbon or some amazing vintage brooches-turned-hair-clips.

4. creative side braids

Fishtail braid from Flower Hairstyles || Blake Lively's messy braid from In Between the Scissors

Doesn't Blake Lively look like a bohemian bride with her white lace dress and gold hair accessory?

5. waterfall braids


These hairstyles take my breath away- there is something so fairy-tale-princess about a braided crown and flowing curls.

6. braids and veils

 

The bride on the left accessorized her braids with a French-style net veil that lets the braids show through, while the bride on the right wears her veil at the crown of her head to let her braided hairstyle shine.

4 comments:

  1. I love braids, especially the braid chignons! I think it looks SO pretty! Now if only I could do this to my own hair... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these are definitely not DIY hairstyles unless someone is VERY talented at braiding!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post needs to be share among my friends who are getting married. I personally liked creative side braids. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete