Saturday, December 8

christmas spirit: it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Today I wanted to share a bit more of my holiday decorations with you all.  As I mentioned in my post about my silk floral wreath, I wanted to go a little less country and a little more sophisticated this Christmas.  The stems of silk florals I found at A.C. Moore made me think of A Christmas Carol and classic Victorian Christmas decorations, so I let the non-cheesy elements of a Victorian celebration inspire me.  I created two vignettes with things we already had in our home!


Here's one end of the console that holds our television set - I treat it like a mantel since we don't have one.  I replaced the StudioTen15 letterpress card that was in this frame for Thanksgiving with a Victorian-style Christmas card we received last year - you can't really tell in the picture, but the white section is covered with iridescent glitter.  I always keep Christmas cards because I never know what craft ideas I'll have for them in the future.


And the other end of the console - the greenery is fake, the pine cones are real, and the ornaments are "mom's attic" vintage.  The Mikasa crystal bowl was a gift from Mr. Q's aunt and uncle last year and holds circles cut from more of last years' cards - I haven't quite decided what to do with them yet.

Linking Up:

Do you change your holiday decor each year?  Do you use a "theme" to guide your decorating?

5 comments:

  1. I love that you kept circles from last year's Christmas cards! I don't know what to do with them, but I'm sure you'll come up with something rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about making a garland with them but I keep forgetting to buy some twine to do it with! When I finally get around to it I will post it here of course :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute, I love that little Christmas sign. Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to reuse a greeting card in a frame like that. Your vignette looks great!

    ReplyDelete