Thursday, November 29

a little christmas spirit: DIY silk floral wreath


I'm gradually decorating for Christmas, and the first completed piece of decor is this wreath, made with a stem of silk florals from A.C. Moore that inspired my whole decorating vision for this year.  I used the same technique I described last year to make this wreath, but this years' is packed a little fuller with red poinsettias and holly from last year, new white poinsettias, burgundy hydrangeas, and pinecones, and silver berries from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I want things to be a little less "country" this year and a little more sophisticated.


This is such a simple, affordable craft than can be completed while watching television, and the possibilities for customization are really endless with the wide range of floral picks that fill the aisles of craft stores at Christmas time!

Linking Up:

 A Diamond in the Stuff 
Beyond The Picket Fence DIY Show Off DIY Holiday Highlights 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreath, so festive and pretty. Love the pine cones and berries. thanks so much for sharing on super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks so pretty! I just love the white and silver touches.

    ReplyDelete