Thursday, November 22

happy thanksgiving from the country townhouse!

Mr. Q and I are hosting Thanksgiving for our families this year and my goal was to make our house look cute and seasonal without spending a lot of money.

A little shop-the-house artwork made with burlap, a bee pin from our bulletin board, and Debbie's letterpressed note.

Some shop-the-house artwork made with a Goodwill frame I painted for our wedding, leftover burlap, and Debbie's letterpress card secured with a bee pin from our bulletin board, paired with one of my fake milk glass vases (also from the wedding) with a little wine cork collection and a faux mercury glass candleholder I bought last Christmas.

I may have stolen this Oswald Chambers book.

The green book was wedding decor, My Utmost for His Highest was a gift from one of my college campus ministers that I thought was appropriate for Thanksgiving.  Another mercury glass candleholder and milk glass vase add some symmetry.

Thanksgiving table.

And here's our table!  I made the burlap tablecloth by following the tutorial for preparing burlap at Ella Claire.


Beans!

The blue mason jar is part of my collection; the two smaller glass jars are from the farmer's market and used to hold local honey.  I filled them with colorful beans to fit a rustic harvest theme.


Grocery Store flowers

The napkins and dessert plates were on sale at our local Wal-Mart.


Photobucket

I think grocery store flowers look just fine in a rustic arrangement!

Linking up to Home Stories A to Z's Tutorials and Tips Link Party, A Diamond in the Stuff's Time to Shine Party, Clean and Scentsible's The Creative Spark, Full Circle Creation's All Star Block Party, and Whipperberry's Friday Flair Link Party Thanksgiving Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment