Sunday, December 23

sunday social.


Sunday Social

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I LOVE ice cream!  I alternate between mint chocolate chip, rocky road, and moose tracks.

What is your favorite smell?
Apple cinnamon - so cozy.

What is your favorite TV commercial? (Past or Present)
My all-time favorite is the Volkswagen "Pink Moon" spot that introduced me to Nick Drake's music:

Since I'm an advertising nerd (it's a big topic in eighth grade English!), some others I think are great:  the "Dear Sophie" Google commercial pretty much breaks my heart (in a good way) every time I see it.  I have been told I am the Target "so much glitter" lady.  I am also a fan of the Volkswagen "the Force" commercial - the kid playing Darth Vader is related to one of our local radio deejays.

What is your favorite day of the week?
Friday - for the nerdiest reason ever:  it's library day at work.  I love seeing my kids get excited about books and taking time as a class to just chill out and read.  Teachers usually get out a bit early on Fridays if our work is done, which is nice, and I don't have to worry about planning lessons or grading papers for the next day.  Friday is usually a "date night" for Mr. Q and I, which I love.

What is your favorite way to waste time?
Reading blogs - although that's not really a waste, because I always learn something, but it can take up a big chunk of my day if I'm not careful!

What is your favorite article of clothing? (Feel free to show a picture)
This pullover sweatshirt from Target - it has a shawl collar, so it looks kind of fancy.  It's my go-to on weekends and teacher workdays.

4 comments:

  1. As a fellow teacher I like Fridays too! New follower!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google does tend to make the best commercials! I think my favorite one of theirs is where the guy is googling living in paris, and then date locations, and the where to get married, and family baby names, or at least some variation of that. It's funny how such a simple commercial can deliver such a big reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your favorite day is focused on your students. I am currently going to school for education and I hope that one day soon I can be excited for a day involved around my students.
    Found your blog through the link up & look forward to following you.

    Happy Holidays
    somethingaboutyounme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you on Sunday Social and love your blog. I was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd pop on by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete