Sunday, December 2

sunday social 10.

I loved this week's Sunday Social questions from Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup!

1. What is your favorite Christmas season tradition?
Spending Christmas Eve with Mr. Q's family, having dinner together and exchanging gifts, because Mr. Q's parents have always invited my mom to spend Christmas with their family as well and I think it's great to have so many people I adore in one place.  We always watch A Christmas Story Mr. Q's grandpa makes wassail.  On Christmas Day we usually drive north to the mountains to visit my mom's brother and his wife and share a meal with them, and that's a little more low-key and relaxing.

2. Do you have a certain Christmas movie you watch more than others? If so what is it?
The Holiday - one of my favorite movies, period.  I watch it year round.  How can you beat a cast that includes Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, and JACK BLACK?


3. Show us your favorite decoration or Pinterest decoration you wish you could have.
I'm a very sentimental person, and the "my favorite teacher" ornament I received from a student last year warms my heart every time I see it!  If every one of that student's teachers received the same gift, I don't need to know.  I'm a little jealous of Neely's Starbucks cup ornament, though - so cute!

4. Favorite Christmas song?
This year I'm really digging Jack Johnson's cover of "Someday at Christmas," but my all time favorites are "Oh Holy Night" - any version, although I am admittedly partial to NSync's - and "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" - preferably performed by a live choir in a candlelit church, though BarlowGirl's version is a close second.  I like really traditional Christmas hymns that remind me that this season is a time of reverence and longing in addition to celebration.

5. Favorite Christmas dessert?
I'm not really sure why I associate them with Christmas other than my aunt brought them to a Christmas party once, but I love peanut butter and Ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate.  When in doubt, that's what I take to Christmas parties now- I suppose one could add sprinkles to make them more Christmas-y.  My Mamaw made some awesome rum balls every Christmas, but I don't have the recipe.  I'll check with my cousins this week and see if anyone held on to it.

6. What is on your wish list this year?
Mr. Q and I are going to see Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley in January, so I'm calling that my Christmas present!  I'm so excited!  My mom and I went to see Dierks' concert in Charlottesville a few years ago when Up On the Ridge came out, and he is a great performer.  Miranda is my country-girl icon.  It's going to be great.  Mr. Q has also dropped a few hints that a real blogger camera may be coming my way - something higher quality than my point-and-shoot, but easier to carry around than his professional-grade Canon.  And he and I have asked our parents for a food processor so that we can try some of these awesome healthy recipes we're seeing on food bloggers' sites as we strive to live a healthier lifestyle!

5 comments:

  1. Completely jealous you are seeing Miranda Lambert AND Dierks Bentley! Thats an awesome present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to cave and watch The Holiday. I keep seeing this movie noted on so many of the bloggers linked up to the Sunday Social. Love Kate Winslet!

    Ashley
    www.welovedhere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do need to watch it! It is funny and sweet and will definitely get you in a Christmas mood!

      Delete
  3. Nsync's Christmas album is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will always, always be one of mine! It's in my never-giving-to-Goodwill shoebox :)

      Delete