Saturday, November 1

my fall in instagram: if you can't get a pony, be a pony.


I was surprised to realize that I haven't done a photo update since August!  As I mentioned in last week's post on Halloween costume ideas, this has been an especially busy fall for Mr. Q and I, for various reasons.  Here's a peek at what we've been up to!


Adding a little fall cheer to our outdoor and indoor spaces.
My Italian basil plant was growing out of control and I had
to snip off some branches to keep it from falling over.  It
dawned on me that I could put some in a vase, the way
people do with boxwood branches.  The smell is an extra perk.


The first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season, a Friday gift from
Mr. Q, and a happy coincidence spotted while shopping.


There's a brand-new restaurant in town called The Bootlegger's
Café and we are in love.  Of course, the drinks are served in Mason jars.


My BFF Breeze and I decided to have the most autumnal day
ever - we visited a pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins, make apple
seasoned pork chops and apple sangria, and watched football.


We couldn't resist these Virginia Tech and UVa themed hay bales!


Our tribe's Halloween pumpkin carving efforts - the middle two
started with stencils, but Breeze and I did the monograms freehand!


Mr. Q competed in his first Cyclocross race in Roanoke.  Cyclocross
is no joke - the bikers had to ride and jump over obstacles like 
telephone poles, a wooden wall, and a sand pit.


I participated in Color Me Rad with some lovely special education
teachers from my school - the proceeds go to Special Olympics so it was 
near and dear to our hearts.  I actually ran several parts of the course!


Halloween!  Mr. Q was so happy when he spotted this He-Man
costume that I decided we should go for an 80's theme.  When I
saw a My Little Pony hoodie, I was sold.  Hoodie costumes for the
win - most comfortable Halloween ever.  I also kind of want to dye 
my hair pink and purple for real because I loved being a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment