Friday, November 28

happy, happy thanksgiving.

Just a quick post today - I wanted to share three little vignettes that were the complete extent of my Thanksgiving decorating.  This year, I took a very low maintenance approach to decorating the country townhouse for the holiday - I guess I realized that the less time I spent fussing about tablecloths and flowers, the more time I could spend actually enjoying time with my family.



First up are the two ends of our console table, which I decorate for the seasons since we don't have a mantel.  On the left, I went for a really organic display with two plants purchased at a fundraiser for our Environmental Science teacher, who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident this summer.  Eighth grade students have been cleaning and maintaining the greenhouse in her absence.  The jar holds mini pinecones left over from Breeze's wedding decor.  On the right, the little cornucopia I couldn't resist from Target and some faux sunflowers - easy peasy.


On the countertop I created a small fall vignette on my favorite cakestand - the little bouquet is one of Breeze's wedding centerpieces; the other jar holds wine corks we've collected over time.

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Today we are putting our Christmas tree up, watching Home Alone, going to our town's official Christmas tree lighting, and watching my alma mater's football team take on Mr. Q's (I think the 'Hoos actually have a shot this year!).


Linking Up:
Be.You.Ti.Ful at Maybe I Will

No comments:

Post a Comment