Tuesday, October 30

steeper or cheaper: striped blazers

I'm back with another duo of similarly-styled fashion pieces at different price points.  I don't consider myself a fashion blogger - just a girl who likes to shop- but I can't resist sharing style inspiration, or a great deal.  This time, it's a striped blazer - similar to  the LOFT crinkle jacket featured in today's roundup.  Karen Kane offers a shawl collar style, while an Xhilaration style available at Target features a notched collar.



Keep reading to see a roundup of inspiration for styling a striped blazer!

This look from I Am Style-Ish would be perfect for a creative 
workplace - red, black, and white is such a can't-fail 
combination, but red pants are unexpected.

Elegant, dramatic, AND work-appropriate style from Beth of 
Seersucker + Saddles in a guest post on Lou What Wear.  
The peplum shirt looks great with skinny pants and a striped blazer, 
proving the red, black and white combo flawless yet again.

I love this take on print mixing: a striped blazer
with a polka dot top via Chictopia.  Another look that's
perfect for work, but still fun and quirky.

Gwyneth Paltrow rocking a striped blazer with green pants,
 convincing me that colored pants are the way to go with a striped blazer.  
Wouldn't this be a PERFECT holiday party outfit?
From a campaign for Swedish brand Lindex
 featured in Marie Claire via Work It Mom.

I'm sold on the striped blazer and colored pants look and am adding both items to my thrifting/budget shopping wish list.  For me, the perfect striped blazer would be made of sweatshirt material - I really love being able to get away with wearing casual fabrics to work. 
How would you style a striped blazer?

No comments:

Post a Comment