Happy August, y'all. This week, I'm focusing on reminding myself to be content with what I have and with my current season in life. Can I get real for a minute? All summer, friends and family members keep asking how the house hunt is going. It's painful to have to say... "it's still going" when in truth we have found a one-of-a-kind home but it is out of our price range. Several friends are mamas-to-be, and I have to remind myself that it's not my time yet. Teachers head back to school today, and there's a part of me that feels like I should be further along, more accomplished in my career. More, more, more. I often forget that comparison is the thief of joy, until I realize that I've spent fifteen minutes or half an hour scrolling through Instagram or Facebook and feel worse instead of better. Two posts that really resonated with me this week were "The Traps" at The Inspired Room and "Of Elder-flowers and Jealousy" at Design for Mankind.SWOON.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
- From 100 Layer Cake, a boho wedding's cool ceremony arch.
- A gorgeous interfaith wedding in NYC from Snippet and Ink.
- At Style Me Pretty, a graphic designer's beautiful wedding.
- How cute is this sprinkle-covered pink birthday cake?
- August desktops: Organised Housewife, Smashing, Flipsnack.
- Lunchbox love: Lisa Frank zebra cakes from Studio DIY.
- Girl Meets World's season finale will be a big BMW reunion!
- On my wishlist for fall: J. Crew's cute, colorful signet purse.
- 2015: The SC Aquarium, a date night LBD outfit, midsummer in IG, fave fictional pets.
- 2014: My August favorites.
- 2013: The things I can't live without and punchy wardrobe picks.
- 2012: Brazilian pork chops, a hearts of palm and avocado salad, an avocado-coconut milkshake, and an Olympics Ring tie-dyed shirt.
- 2011: Orange wardrobe and home inspiration, rustic and modern fall wedding ideas.