5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge for female geek bloggers hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. You can learn more about the Female Geek Bloggers group here. This week, I'm catching up with a #5FandomFriday prompt I missed: characters I'd name my (future) kids after.
1. Emma - I've fallen in love with Once Upon a Time over the past couple of years, and while my favorite character was originally Mary Margaret, her daughter Emma Swan has taken first place in my heart. First of all, Jennifer Morrison is beautiful and a wonderful actress who deserves to win all the awards. Emma Swan is tough, clever, and fiercely protective of those she loves, and those are all qualities I would be proud to see in my future daughter. She also shares her name with my favorite Jane Austen novel.
2. Luna - One of my favorite Harry Potter characters by far is dreamy Ravenclaw, Luna Lovegood. Even though she's suffered horrible tragedy followed by being the object of bullying in school, Luna remains sweet, kind, and always willing to help. She is humble and hardworking. In the books, I love the grounding effect she has on Harry, and the way he values her advice and spirit and chooses to be her friend no matter what others may think.
3. Claire - I love escaping into history and romance through the Outlander books, and Claire Randall/Beauchamp/Fraser is one of my favorite narrators of all time. Raised to be strong and confident, she served as a field nurse during World War II, endured all sorts of hardships in 18th century Scotland and France, because a successful doctor in America, and showed herself to be stubborn and brave throughout it all. She's sassy and intelligent and I absolutely adore her.
4. Carter - Carter is basically the best name ever for a baby geek - there's John Carter of Mars, SHIELD director Peggy Carter, and, for country music geeks like me, the Carter family from Virginia. But my first beloved Carter was Dr. John Carter, played by Noah Wyle on E.R. Oh, how I loved that man despite his many flaws. He was patient, kind, and devoted to saving the world in order to fight his inner demons.
5. Sawyer - I love a rogue - think Han Solo, Mal Reynolds, and Killian Jones - and one of my all time favorites is James "Sawyer" Ford from LOST. Even though he did some despicable things, I was rooting for him and the knight in shining armor I knew he could become throughout all the dark and twisty seasons of that crazy show.