Thursday, June 2

style: olive chinos two ways

Now for something I haven't done in a while - a style post! Toward the end of the school year, my work look gets a little comfier; after all, my students already *know* I'm a professional, and the crunch of finals and standardized testing is stressful. I recently picked up my third pair of Old Navy pixie pants - this time in the chino style - and immediately thought of two ways to style them with some other new wardrobe favorites. Luckily, Mr. Q was on hand to offer his photography services while I was brainstorming.


I've been coveting a chambray shirt for what feels like years now, but a well-fitting button-down is very hard to find for a petite hourglass shape - shirts that are short enough in the torso tend to be too tight across the chest. I spotted this perfect light chambray blouse at Wal-Mart, of all places, and knew it would be the perfect match for my Pixies, Bare Traps sandals (similar), and homemade tassel necklace and charm bracelet.


Want to hear a slightly funny story about my charm bracelet? Of course you do! I got the bracelet at A.C. Moore and the tiny charms from Michael's, and chose the Om symbol to remind me to keep my yoga-time peace and calmness with me wherever I go. This is especially important in a middle school classroom. One of my darling boys saw my bracelet and said, "Mrs. Quinn, do you like Stephen Curry?" He'd definitely mistaken the Om for a 30 and thought I was a die-hard Golden State Warriors fan. I think trying to explain the significance of Om left him even more confused...


The second way I knew I'd style these Pixies is with my new favorite J. Crew Factory tee (similar - I waited forever for this one to go on clearance!) and all-time favorite boyfriend cardigan from GAP. These two comfortable outfits were the basis of my go-to uniform during a hectic spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment