5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. This week, we're being honest about the fandoms we just can't get into (don't hate me if I don't love your fave!)
- Dr. Who - A lot of people in the same fandoms I am (especially Harry Potter) LOVE Dr. Who - my friend Tiff owns a cardboard cutout of David Tennant as the Doctor. I think part of the reason I'm not a Whovian is because I am intimidated by a fandom that's been around for such a long time, and I have no idea where to start. I've liked the few episodes of the show I've seen on BBC America, but not enough to want to start watching on a regular basis, let alone watch every single episode ever or have an opinion about which actor makes the best Doctor.
- Hamilton - All of Tumblr seems to be obsessed with Hamilton, and while I'm sure it is awesome, I can't fangirl over a play I haven't seen. Lin-Manuel Miranda seems like an awesome guy, the songs are fun, and I love that the show has an intentionally diverse cast, but I don't think I'd be able to listen to the soundtrack and make sense of the story the way so many fans obviously have.
- DC Comics - I wasn't always the superhero-loving lady I am today; my "gateway drug" was the X-Men movies that came out when I was in high school with Anna Paquin as Rogue. Since then, I've pretty much only cared about the Marvel universe. While I have enjoyed the Supergirl television series so far, the big DC heroes, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman just do not hold the appeal for me that the X-Men, the Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the Defenders, and the Guardians of the Galaxy do.
- Game of Thrones - Part of my absence from the GoT fandom is probably me not having HBO, but I haven't even tried reading the books despite several friends recommending them to me. A fantasy medieval universe with dragons does indeed seem like my sort of thing. I feel like I need to finish the Outlander books and the other series fiction I read before taking on another big fictional universe.
- Downton Abbey - I always wanted to get into Downton Abbey because it's pretty much my mom's #1 fandom. I love history, I love British stuff, I love Maggie Smith, so it should be a no-brainer, but I always seemed to be watching something else when Masterpiece Theater aired the episodes. I just haven't had the desire to go back to the beginning of the series and figure out the storyline. The costumes look really pretty, though.