Sunday, April 27

sunday social: pet peeves








1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?

Currently it's drivers from North Carolina passing on the right on our northbound highway. Do you see my Virginia tags and town sticker? I live here.  If I'm slowing down, there's a reason - I know where the dangerous curves are and where the police like to park their cars and wait for speeders.


2. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?


I'm an English teacher, so unfortunately I tend to be very picky about spelling and grammar. If you're going to engage in writing in English as a hobby, please take the time to proofread your work. If you know that grammar and spelling are not your strong suits, pick up a copy of The Elements of Style, use your spell check button, or enlist a friend to give your posts a once-over before you hit publish.  Knowing how karma works, though, I've probably made at least one spelling, grammar, or punctuation error in this post.


3. What is your biggest shopping pet peeve?

Spoiler alert:  nothing is ever available in the store...

When I find something adorable and perfect for my wardrobe and the store/website has every size except mine in stock - this happens to me all the time with both clothes and shoes. Why don't retailers stock more of the most common sizes?  They're definitely going to have more size 12 women come into their stores than size 0 women, right?


4. What is your biggest general pet peeve?

The first one that comes to mind is faculty meetings - sometimes I think the only reason we have them is because our administrators think we have to (maybe someone higher up is telling them we do have to).  So much of what is discussed in faculty meetings could be easily communicated by e-mail.  Small meetings where everyone is working together toward a common goal can be great, though, and our administrators have put together some really interesting breakout sessions on teacher workdays.


5. What is your most irrational fear?

Moths.  I know in my brain that they are pretty much no different from butterflies, which I love, but I feel in my heart that they are evil. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha your grammar comment made me laugh. So true! I also think the same when I read a professional email that has grammar issues. It makes that person appear unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete