Friday, April 18

my spring and summer bucket list

Last Friday, I chaperoned four sweet girls on our grade-level field trip to Washington, D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  Somehow, our conversation turned to "bucket lists" and as we went through the monuments, memorials, and museums on the National Mall we all started adding things to ours.  We concluded our visit with a walk through the Butterfly Pavillion at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, where we each got to channel our inner Disney Princess by having butterflies land on our hair.  I wanted to share a few of the gorgeous butterflies we saw with you today, along with an idea inspired by the girls - my "bucket list" of things I want to do this spring and summer!

  • Donate my winter clothes and streamline my warm-weather wardrobe
  • Plant a container herb garden
  • Movies to see: Captain America 2, Divergent, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Muppets Most Wanted
  • Read books actually written for adults (during the school year I read almost all YA)
  • Go biking on the Greenways with Mr. Q
  • Make s'mores in the fire pit
  • Learn to ride a Stand Up Paddleboard

  • Get my girlfriends together for brunch
  • Visit the Virginia Safari Park at Natural Bridge
  • Visit the local butterfly garden and aquarium at the Science Museum of Western Virginia
  • Movies to see:  Belle, Days of Future Past, The Fault in Our Stars, 22 Jump Street.
  • See Delta Rae at the Harvester Performance Center
  • Join a Pure Barre or Zumba class
  • Visit King's Dominion with my best work friends

  • Attend Festival in the Park
  • Movies to see: Wish I Was Here, Lucy, Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Rent a boat and spend a day on the lake with friends
  • Visit Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens
  • Watch fireworks on Independence Day
  • Pool date with Jess


What's on your to-do list for this spring and summer?  
What are you most looking forward to?

Linking Up With:


A Harvest of Blessing


2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I'm just actually working on mine right now! There are lots of local places I want to check out and making s'mores sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete