Sunday, January 26

sunday social: beauty edition

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

I distinctly remember wearing that rubbery peel-off kid's nail polish when I was three or four years old and loving it!  I started having makeup put on for dance recitals in second grade and started playing with eyeshadow for school in fifth grade.  It was probably blue eye shadow because that's what was in my stage makeup kit, and I apologize to anyone who had to see me walking around school looking like a baby drag queen.  I discovered Coty airspun translucent face powder via the dance world and it was my favorite product in middle and high school, along with black eyeliner, which probably made me look kind of goth most of the time.  


2. What are your top 3 favorite beauty products?

The Sally Hansen Simple Spa waxing kit is one of my favorite things in the world - I have my eyebrows down to a science at this point.  I'm currently in love with L'Oreal's Magic BB Cream in Fair - it gives just enough coverage for everyday wear and I do notice fewer blemishes when I use it regularly.  My favorite eyeshadow is Almay's smoky-i for browns palette.


3. What is one makeup product you don't leave home without?

Some kind of lip balm.  Right now my favorite is Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth Color Stick - it feels really soft and the color lasts for a while.


4. What is your daily beauty routine?

I wash my face with St. Ives apricot scrub in the shower, apply acne medication to any spots, moisturize (I used Mary Kay for years but I just switched to Neutrogena Naturals) and then use either L'Oreal BB Cream or their mineral foundation depending on how much coverage I need.  Since I'm naturally so pale and foundation gives me even more of a porcelain-doll appearance, I wear bronzer every day, even in the winter, and the Physicians formula "mood boosting" palette with bronzer and blush all in one is my current favorite.  Lip balm and eyeshadow finish my everyday look - I only use mascara and eyeliner on the weekends if I'm going out because I find them a little too dramatic for the classroom.


5. What is your favorite hair/makeup product you've discovered in the last year?

I'm in love with John Frieda's Full Repair shampoo and conditioner - they've made my hair so soft and shiny.  I recently picked up a bottle of Full Repair Root Lift Foam and used it before I curled my hair for K's wedding, and I really could tell a difference in the amount of volume it created without giving my hair too much of a "goopy" feeling like some other foams.




No comments:

Post a Comment