Tuesday, August 20

summer color: coral, teal, and gray for work

My last two Tuesday style posts have featured two of my favorite transitional colors for late summer and early fall: coral and teal.  I especially love these colors for late summer because the go with any neutral.  For the end of my first week of work, I paired coral and teal with gray for outfits that mixed casual and dressy pieces.  Here's my favorite.

Cardigan: Old Navy, Tank: Old Navy
Pencil skirt: George at Wal-Mart (this year's version is a bit shorter but still really good quality!)
Sandals: Jacee by Bare Traps at Belk

I wore this coral and gray outfit for the first Thursday of the school year, which was also the day I was in charge of leading an assembly for all of the students on my team.  I've led assemblies before, but they were talent show assemblies - it's been the end of the year and there has been singing and dancing!  Leading a beginning-of-year assembly to go over rules and expectations is a whole different ball game - I tried to challenge my inner camp counselor and keep the tone welcoming and approachable.  I loved this fun print tank when I saw it at Old Navy and I like the way it kind of looks like a colorblocked dress when paired with a gray pencil skirt.  Finally, I can't recommend these sandals enough - they're comfortable enough to wear every day, the pewter color is really versatile, and I've gotten tons of compliments on them.

Style Elixir

1 comment: