Friday, August 2

summer blog loves

blog loves - summer 2013

I thought I'd take some time to resurrect what used to be a monthly column here - this time in a seasonal format.  I'll be shining a spotlight on a few of my "blog-mances" - some newly discovered, some that I've been reading for a while.  These blogs cover a wide range of topics - lifestyle, fashion, home decor, organization, and recipes - and are certainly worth a follow.

I love Corilynn's blog!

Corilynn (formerly La Vie Petite) - I'm always on the lookout for style bloggers who can put together classic outfits, and if they are petite it's a definite bonus because I know the clothes wouldn't look ridiculous on me!  Cori is a fashion designer and sells go-with-everything graphic skirts.  Soon after I started following Cori's blog, she suffered the intense personal tragedy of losing a baby.  Her faith and trust in God has been really inspiring to me.


I love Cardigan Junkie's blog

Cardigan Junkie - I'm pretty sure we'd be friends in real life, not just because the title of this blog describes my closet.  I love Haley's practical, often reader-inspired "what to wear" posts that cover every situation from heat waves to multigenerational family portraits to weddings, and her "5 Things Friday" posts are full of personality and humor.



The Fancy Shack - I found Kimberlee's blog when her awesome laundry room makeover was featured on several of the shelter blogs I follow.  I suppose it's a sign of getting older that I got TOTALLY EXCITED about a pretty laundry room, but seriously - it had mason jars, and damask, and a fabric-lined basket; what's not to love?  The rest of Kimberlee's house is similarly elegant in a creative, vintage-inspired way.  Fans of Dear Lillie should definitely check out The Fancy Shack.


I love Clean and Scentsible's blog!

Clean and Scentsible - I've been following this blog for a while.  Canadian blogger Jenn's tagline is "organize, celebrate, create."  Her posts include seasonal recipes and crafts as well as how-tos for cleaning just about everything- from a wood deck, to a grill, to the fridge. Jenn's also one of the co-hosts of the Inspiration Exchange linkup, which features awesome crafts and projects every week.


Previously featured blogs I'm still loving: Note to SelfRage Against the MinivanThe Vintage HousewifeFabulous KHip Hip Gin GinThe EverygirlThe Fresh ExchangeLittle Tin SoldierA Cup of JoTwo Twenty-OneSkinnyTasteAlong the Lines of StyleThe Daily SparkA Beach Cottage, The Inspired RoomHome Stories A to ZPost Road VintagePerfectly ImperfectDandeeElla ClaireMaking it LovelyThe Swenglish HomeBright BazaarCentsational Girl, Rosie MolinaryGeninne's Art BlogTiny Twig The Gracious PantryA Farmgirl's Dabbles, and Everyday Occasions

No comments:

Post a Comment