Tuesday, June 11

clicks of note: can i come home for the summer... [call for guest bloggers!]

get your week off to a colorful start...

Today is one of the most exciting days of the school year for me - I am the eighth grade talent show sponsor and today is the day!  Please keep your fingers crossed that we can keep the stage curtains open, the spotlights bright, and the music loud - and that all of my young performers feel like the stars they are inside.  A few of my performers have been victims of bullying this year, and participating in the talent show is a brave, scary thing for them especially.  This is my fifth talent show and working with the performers is by far one of the most rewarding things I do as a middle school teacher.

LISTEN.
  • Ray LaMontagne created a piece of genius with "For the Summer," one of my favorite tracks of his that really does feel like summer in the country, rolling hills and dusty roads.  
SWOON.
SMILE.
FLASHBACK.
CALL FOR GUEST BLOGGERS!

  • Next month, we're going on a family trip to Nashville!  Last year when I was out of town, I featured Beyond the Aisle's first guest post (from Micah of Unabashedly Me) and would love to be able to spotlight some fellow bloggers' work again this summer!
I would love to feature your:
  • Wedding/party DIY tutorials
  • Wedding/party planning advice (especially what you learned or things you wish you had done differently!)
  • Inspiration for a particular wedding or party theme
  • Favorite memory from the day of your wedding or other event
  • Home/holiday decor DIY or home improvement tutorials
  • Home tours (especially apartments, condos, townhouses and other small spaces!)
  • Favorite thing in or about your home
If you're interested in guest blogging for me, please send a message to heatherbird at gmail dot com explaining what you'd like to post about and including a link to your own blog if you have one.  I would prefer that guest posts be NEW, ORIGINAL content, not a re-post of something that has already appeared on your blog or another website.

1 comment:

  1. I had seen a historically accurate Disney Princess photo on yahoo at work, and meant to look at them all when I got home. Of course never did, so I'm awfully excited that you posted about them, so now I can finally look at them all. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete