Tuesday, June 18

Please follow Beyond the Aisle on Bloglovin'!

Most of you probably already know that Google Reader is being shut down on July 1st, a victim of Google's "spring cleaning," and that without it, Google Friend Connect is probably not long for this world.  Like many of my friends in the blog world, I've switched to Bloglovin' as my reader of choice.  


When I have unlimited time for reading blogs, I just click the links on my sidebar, but when all I've got time for is a quick check-in (like before work in the morning), Bloglovin' is perfect.  It puts all of the newest posts from the blogs I follow in column form, and even lets me group them by category, so if, say, I'm putting together a Clicks of Note posts and need one more wedding link, I can click on my "weddings" group and have the newest, freshest wedding sweetness all in one place.

I put off the transition for a while, thinking it would be too much of a hassle to go back to all the blogs I've ever followed and click the Bloglovin' button.  Silly me - you do NOT have to do that if you're already subscribed via Google Friend Connect!  If you visit Bloglovin's Import from Google Reader page it will instantly add those blogs to your Bloglovin' feed.  If you have multiple Google accounts, make sure you choose the one you've subscribed to blogs with.

If you're a blogger, setting up a Bloglovin' page isn't that complicated.  Miss Drifted Snow White has posted a great tutorial on how to claim your blog.  Bloglovin' has some true advantages over GFC from a blogger standpoint - when readers view Beyond the Aisle on Bloglovin', I still get to see the pageviews in my stats, which was not the case with Google Reader.  It's also possible to comment on posts without leaving the Bloglovin' interface, and we all know comments are what make the blogging world go 'round.


If you haven't yet, you can follow me at http://www.bloglovin.com/beyondtheaisle.  And no, I was not compensated in any way for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment