Friday, June 28

my early summer in instagram.


Americana: my cousin's 100-year-old cabin in the country and my
own red, white, and blue rag wreath on the door for Flag Day.


The perfect summer weekend: biking along the Roanoke River and a 
visit to Black Dog Salvage (the folks from the TV show Salvage Dawgs)
with Mr. Q - what do you think of the antique fedora?


Gifts - Mr. Q got me my first real emeralds (birthday earrings) and
my debate club students gifted me this cute stuffed husky pup.


Patio goodness - breaking out the fire bowl to make s'mores and
celebrating our new patio furniture with an al fresco dinner.


Local fun - the Strings and Spirits festival combined bluegrass and
roots music with local breweries and wineries, and it's not really
summer until the first sunset boat ride on Smith Mountain Lake.


Busy - Father's Day brunch at the Homeplace restaurant in Craig
County and crafting Breeze's bridal shower invitations (100% DIY).


I'm ready for summer!  I love short hair for summer and these gladiator
sandals are my new obsession - the cork footbeds make them so comfy!

What activities, experiences, or places make it really start to feel like summer to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment