Wednesday, July 8

wedding wednesday: inspiration for a midcentury summer camp wedding

As I simply stated last week, camp is home to me. Not just my own childhood summer camp, which truly is my second home because it's so full of memories, but the whole idea of camp in general. Even though I'm not outdoorsy, there was a place for me among cabins and campfires, and I learned more about myself in those weeks than I did the other 360 days of the year! Last year, I rounded up inspiration for a rustic, craftsman-style summer camp wedding. This summer, I'm turning my muse toward a more traditional view of camp: think Moonrise Kingdom. I love checking out wedding photos from camp weddings because the camp is so often a special place for the bride and groom - their second home.

"Merit Badge" wedding invitation from Minted



For this classic take on summer camp vibes, a saturated color palette is a must - sky blue, gingham red, sunflower yellow, and pine green are all welcome! Antique stores can be a great place to score vintage finds like merit badges, thermos canteens, lanterns, picnic blankets, and even camp furniture.








Hand painted wooden guest book by Amanda G Designs on Etsy













Have you ever attended a camp wedding? What was your favorite detail?


No comments:

Post a Comment