Wednesday, December 4

Thanksgiving at the Country Townhouse


Thanksgiving 2013

This year Mr. Q and I hosted a smaller Thanksgiving at our townhouse - his parents were out of town, so it was the two of us, my mom, my sister in law, and the mister's BFF.  I got so busy I forgot to take pictures of the people or even the food, but I did manage to take a few of my decorations.  I kept things simple and farmhouse-y this year.  My "table runner" was actually just a sheet of kraft paper gift wrap from the Dollar Spot at Target, the milk glass vase is a Goodwill find from our wedding, and I picked up the flowers at the grocery store while purchasing my turkey.  Y'all know how I roll.


Since we don't have a mantel, I like to decorate the ends of our console table.  Vintage books, mercury glass, and Mason jars are my equation for happiness.  Forgive my silk flowers - I know it's a decorating faux pas but I'm also a lazy person at heart.

For dinner, we served slow cooker turkey breast from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, green bean and mushroom casserole from The Recipe Critic, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, my mom's candied yams, and yeast rolls.


Here are some more real flowers for you purists.  I broke out my "vacay wine," the Stonehaus Davenport Red we bought in Tennessee this summer.  Oh my gosh, y'all.  Perfection.  I really wish I'd put the mini pecan phyllo tarts from Skinny Taste in the cake dome before snapping this picture.  What can I say, I was hungry.  And they were both adorable and delicious.


Our whole Thanksgiving weekend was awesome - we went to dinner with Breeze and her hubby on Friday, and on Saturday my uncle and aunt hosted a Thanksgiving spread at their home in the National Forest.  The only downside of the weekend was my 'Hoos losing the Commonwealth for the tenth year in a row... whomp whomp.  I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment