Friday, November 1

my november favorites [favorite things link-up]

Emily from Beauty and the Greek and Kylie from Lip Gloss & Lunges are hosting a new Favorite Things link-up on the first Friday of every month.  I love this idea and I'm excited to share the things that are currently rocking my world.


November Favorites

1. Pumpkin Spice everything - I know, I know, I'm a white girl fall cliche.  There's no Starbucks in my town, so I'm finding more and more excuses to run errands in Roanoke just so I can get some of that sweet, sweet pumpkinyness.  Since that gets expensive, I'm happy that International Delight now makes an awesome Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee creamer.  Finally, have you tried Hershey's pumpkin spice Kisses?  They will blow your mind.  My co-worker made snickerdoodle cookies and put pumpkin spice Kisses on top and I basically want to marry her.

2. Riding boots - I had Target's "Kasia" riding boots on my wish list all last fall and winter and never bit the bullet, so this year when I saw that they were back in the Bullseye's shoe lineup online, I ordered them early, and I am in love.  The leather is the perfect color for fall, and best of all, they come in half sizes and extended calf!  Former ballerinas rejoice.  They are also very comfortable - I wore them this week to give a standardized test, which meant I was on my feet all day long, and still felt great at the end of the day - no blisters or hot spots!

3. Heirloom pumpkins - Thanks to the influence of Pinterest and the blog world, I am just not satisfied with orange pumpkins this fall.  I want to surround myself with all sorts of weird-shaped gourds in shades of green, gray, and ivory.  Rustic, natural, beautiful.

4. Teal Mason jars - I collect teal Mason jars from local antique malls (and the occasional Goodwill score!) but the anniversary edition pint jars are really cute.  I use Mason jars everywhere in my house - to hold wine corks in the kitchen, pens in the office, and makeup sponges in the bathroom!

5. No Boundaries yoga pants - I'm taking yoga once a week through our local parks and rec department, which necessitated some new workout wear.  When I saw these adorable  neon floral-print yoga pants at Wal-Mart, I had to make them mine, and they make me feel like a yoga rock star.

6. Janelle Monae's "Electric Lady" -The title of Janelle's new album is a tribute to Jimi Hendrix, but the tracks are a tribute to GIRL POWER and awesomeness.  

7. Napa Autumn Blackberry from Bath and Body Works - Love this fall scent, and it doesn't hurt that it's purple.

Lip Gloss & Lunges

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh those pumpkin spice kisses...Holy cow. I'm not a fan of them on their own, but I use them to ice cookies. I made some Chai spice cookies, put one of those puppies on top and let it melt and spread with a knife. HEAVEN!

    I need to check out the Napa Autumn Blackberry. I've seen others post about it, but I've never smelled it. Making a trip to Bath and Body Works soon.

    Thanks SO much for linking up with us!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Emily! Such a fun link-up.

      Delete
  2. Those boots are amazing! Can't believe they are from Target! They look so expensive! But then again, I can believe it because Target is so amazing right now! I swear I cannot leave that store without spending way more than I was planning! I'm so glad you shared your favorite things with us Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Target boots seem to be inspired by Frye's "Melissa Button" boots, which are $350! I just don't have that kind of money for something that is going into mud and dirt. Target is such a money trap - my husband and I went today and ended up with so many things that weren't on our list! They have such cute things for Thanksgiving and Christmas right now.

      Thanks for hosting, Kylie!

      Delete
  3. Cliches be damned, I have loved and will continue to love pumpkin flavored everything! It's my favorite! And I didn't know Janelle Monae had a new album- Will definitely have to check it out! Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The album is seriously SO good! I got the Target version which has 3 extra songs - 2 are remixes but I'll take what I can get and one of them features Cee Lo Green.

      Delete