Wednesday, November 6

A Modern Thanksgiving

In just a few weeks, we'll be celebrating one of my favorite holidays: Thanksgiving!    For the past two years, Mr. Q and I have hosted Thanksgiving for our immediate family at our townhouse.  I've decorated with a pretty traditional orange, burgundy, and olive color scheme both years, but man, what a difference a year in the blog world makes!

Thanksgiving 2011                                       Thanksgiving 2012    

This year, Thanksgiving dinner will be a bit different because my mother and father in law will be taking a trip to Tennessee, and we've decided to stay at home.  I'm not quite sure what our holiday celebration will look like, but I'm considering a very different color scheme - something much less pilgrims and turkeys and much more geometric and cool.

How to Style:

A Modern Thanksgiving

Visit this set on Polyvore

1. Threshold server from Target 2. West Elm Hive vases  3. Pier1 chip and dip
4. West Elm dip bowls  5. World Market charger  6. Orla Kiely plates from Amara 
7. Threshold flatware from Target

I like the idea of pairing this modern tablescape with healthier takes on traditional Thanksgiving favorites.  Keep reading for some recipes that may be appearing on my Thanksgiving table.



What to Serve:

Note:  If you'd like to add any of these recipes to your Pinterest page, please click on the link
below the picture and pin from the source.  All photos and recipes are property of the bloggers who
created them!





Do you host a Thanksgiving celebration in your home?  If so, do you stick to traditional decor and recipes or switch it up?


2 comments:

  1. This is going to be our first year hosting Thanksgiving in our home! It's my inlaws who are coming, and I know they tend not to decorate a lot for the holidays, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing. They're also more of using paper plates, but I'm dead set on using our wedding china, so we'll see. But either way, I'm really looking forward to it, and hope it will be the first of many Thanksgivings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it on the wedding china - it's made to be used, not just for looking pretty on a shelf!

      Delete