Wednesday, May 29

we love target: my fave dress

I decided to break out of my comfort zone some more and keep participating in the We Love Target Link-Up Whitney from Along the Lines of Style and Heidi from Literate and Stylish are hosting this week .    I've already found answers to some of my most burning Target-related questions.  In the comments on Monday's post, Jen from Librarian for Life & Style clued me in to this amazing post on Mai Heart that includes the Target weekly markdown schedule.  I also found this guide to Target brands from a former employee - apparently, Mossimo is more trend-oriented and Merona is focused on work staples.

I have yet to jump on the Target pencil skirt bandwagon, so I'm fudging today's topic (bottoms) a bit with a dress I purchased recently from the Tarjay.

Dress: Target, Cardigan: Target, Necklace: LOFT, Bracelet: Premier Designs, Shoes: Target


And here it is without the cardigan.  I hope you aren't scandalized by my BARE ARMS!

This is a great dress for work because if my classroom is 100 degrees and I absolutely have to take my cardigan off, I can without it being inappropriate - those thick straps are dress code friendly.  Even though my mom would freak out about the horizontal stripes, I think the cut of the dress is very flattering.  I need to figure out some additional ways to style it other than just throwing a cardigan on top...

Also linking up at:
 STYLELIXIR Style Sessions  
   Real Girl Style Link Up

7 comments:

  1. That IS a fabulous dress! I saw it in Target, but I didn't snatch it up in time! You look adorable!
    Thanks for linking up with us!
    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! There were a few on the clearance rack at my Target when I was there on Monday.

      Delete
  2. This is a great dress! I like it with and without the cardigan. It's modest enough for school and fun enough to make it casual for a weekend look. Love this! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! If you wanted to change it up just a bit, you could add a pastel or bright skinny belt. Or a pretty floral scarf would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! It actually came with a red skinny belt but I never wear red - I am going to have to check out all of the other colorful skinny belts next time I'm at Target. I like the scarf idea too - I have been trying to add more mixed prints to my look.

      Delete
  4. Would love to wear that dress on a hot summer day

    ReplyDelete