Tuesday, January 15

style: favorite 2013 golden globes looks


I love award shows.  They give me an excuse to stay up late on a school night, which I'm prone to doing anyway, and I love hanging out on Twitter and seeing what my favorite celebrities and non-celebrities have to say about what's going on.  This year I was extra psyched because Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were hosting, and I love them and their epic friendship.  Since I've gotten more into following fashion trends for this blog, I'm quicker to pick up on things like Pantone colors or everyone having dresses with similar hemlines!  There were a few stars whose looks at the Golden Globes really stood out to me as being timeless and elegant.


Jessica's outfit and styling are very classic Hollywood with a little twist - her nectarine dress was a great pop of color against all of the black and nude dresses at the Golden Globes, and I loved her tangerine lipstick and simple overall makeup.  Her ombre hair looks great in a sideswept curled style and her necklace is amazing! Her mermaid/fishtail hem is really on-trend right now; I'm wondering if we'll see this shape trickle down into the world of wedding fashion design as well.  I'm ignoring her weird feather-covered bag.



Hayden Panettiere was just glowing - her pink lipstick and blush looked great and she was grinning this much every time she was on camera.  I think we are going to see a lot of mermaid/fishtail hems this year - her Roberto Cavalli dress had a lot of detail and texture without being overwhelming.  Her pink clutch is cute.


Zooey Deschanel could have done something more creative with her hair and makeup, but since I love her I can forgive her.  Poppy red is a great color with her pale skin and dark features - Jennifer Lawrence's Christinan Dior dress was very similar to this one but I decided that I liked the sweetheart neckline on Zooey's Oscar de la Renta gown better.  I think I like the choice of oversized pearl jewelry instead of the typical diamonds most of the starlets were sporting.  Her award show nail art always makes me happy, too.  Is the curled ponytail/pearls/a-line strapless dress combo a little too "high school prom" or does Zooey's pixie dream girl persona make it all okay?  I can't decide.


And here's a picture of Eddie Redmayne from Les Miserables BECAUSE I CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment