Saturday, March 5

Thrift Store Roundup

In which I evaluate the potentially wedding related contents of local thrift stores:

Cave Spring Goodwill
Findings: clear glass vases for .25-.50, a copy of Offbeat Bride by Ariel Meadow Stallings for .79. Book score!

Westlake Goodwill
Findings: MY FIRST MILK GLASS (okay, not real milk glass but it's white and pretty) SCORE! Two large vases for 3.99 each and a pedestal vase for 1.90; an Andrew Greeley book. They have two other small vases I'm thinking about going back for...

Daleville Goodwill
Findings: LOTS of really cool books including "When You Marry" from 1953. No milk glass- the "wares" section was pretty picked over.

460 Goodwill
Findings: My mom picked up a beautiful pedestal vase for 1.50, a bud vase and several books.

My growing collection of white vases!

Vinton Goodwill
The books were disorganized and there was one piece of milk glass in the store... that didn't match my hobnail pattern.

Rocky Mount Goodwill
Findings: Two books. The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and another called Eat Cake.


My centerpiece books... a combination of blue and purple covers and books with cool wedding and love-related titles. We will need about 30 for the wedding, I think.

STUFF I have for my wedding centerpieces:
- 2 large "milk glass" vases
- 3 pedestal "milk glass" vases
- 2 "milk glass" bud vases
- 12 hardcover books

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well! I am collecting milk glass for our reception, too! I love everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cuddlefish! My to-do list has me pretty stressed out, but I think that there will be plenty of time to get everything done. Milk glass is fabulous, and I never would have even considered DIYing my centerpieces if not for the world of wedding blogs :)

    ReplyDelete