Wednesday, March 9

DIY Flowers - Boutonniere Tutorials from around the web

The florist I met with in January finally e-mailed me an itemized list of the items in the estimate she'd given me (I say finally because I requested this list A MONTH AGO). Now I have to decide: do I have a professional florist handle the personal flowers and DIY the centerpieces, or do I go all the way and DIY everything? I'm confident that we *could* DIY bouquets, bouts, and corsages, but I'm not sure I want to be stressing about that right before my wedding, or how to store them so they stay fresh!

If I do decide to go totally DIY with flowers, I did find a link to a tutorial that makes boutonnieres look easy peasy!

This boutonniere from The Inspired Bride is a stunner, isn't it? I love the mint leaves- who wouldn't want their brand new husband to smell minty fresh? According to the website, if you don't have any produce in your refrigerator or freezer, flowers can be stored for up to two days. This is when a mini fridge would come in handy!

2 comments:

  1. The wedding flowers are amazing - the photos make them look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete