5 Fandom Friday is a weekly prompt challenge hosted by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. This week's #5FandomFriday topic is Halloween Costumes I Want to Wear! You can see the upcoming prompts here at the Female Geek Bloggers community.
5. Lt. Uhura - I love J.J. Abrams' take on Star Trek and I love Zoe Saldana. Trek costumes are fairly easy to find at the big costume shops that pop up in empty strip malls this time of year, and I can totally rock go-go boots and a high ponytail.
4. "Toxic" video characters - Alias was my favorite show in high school and started my obsession with characters who are spies. Then Britney Spears' video for "Toxic" came out and converted me into a Britney van because I was pretty sure it was an Alias tribute. Every single costume in that video is awesome, although I'm pretty sure my version would be more conservative.
3. Daisy Buchanan - I did a post about creating a 1920's flapper costume a few years ago and still love the idea. I will definitely be Daisy for Halloween one of these days, and I'd love to throw a speakeasy-themed Halloween party.
2. A Sanderson Sister - The villains of the best Halloween movie of all time would make great costume inspiration for three girl friends (I'm pretty sure I could talk Breeze and my SIL into doing this with me), and witch hats and black, red, and blonde wigs are easy to come by.
1. Peggy Carter - I can't wait for next weekend because I'm dressing up as my favorite Marvel character (and Dubsmash queen), SSR Agent Peggy Carter! She's a literal boss and she knows her value. Until then, I'll be listening to the Andrews Sisters and watching victory roll hairstyle tutorials on YouTube.