Tuesday, July 26

Pantone Fall 2011 Colors

I love the change of the seasons.  Usually right around the 3/4 mark of a season (and our seasons in Virginia are heavy on winter and summer, with springs and falls that are much too brief!) I start anticipating the next one.  At the end of July, I'm planning tailgates and fantasizing about leaves changing color- and the humidity going away!  By the middle of November, I'm thinking Christmas and snow and sparkles and champagne.  By mid-March I'm window-shopping for skirts and sandals, and by May I am ready for vacation.  But mostly, my mind works this way in terms of clothes and colors, and as my mind drifts to, "I need a few new outfits for next season," I start to think, "what colors will I want?" and I've learned to visit Pantone's website when that question comes to mind.

I am really digging this fall's colors, especially the ones that will be nice for transitional summer-to-fall items like layering tees- emberglow, honeysuckle, and quarry will look right at home at a picnic or on the beach when you pull them back out of the closet next spring.

Smoke and Mirrors by BrittsFineArt on Etsy


I've already seen some bamboo-colored sweaters on Polyvore (although I mentally called them mustard) and I would love a leather bag in that shade.  And you know I love phlox because I love every purple ever- isn't that painting with its hints of purple gorgeous?


Deep teal looks very similar to Indian teal, one of Real Simple's four colors that look good on every woman.  Several of the colors appeal to me as colors for home furnishings and wall colors (for my dream house, of course- we're renters so we're stuck with eggshell for the time being).  Cedar is similar to the green I use in my kitchen, coffee liqueur and nougat are incredibly versatile neutrals, and I can see orchid hush and quarry catching on as paint colors for dining rooms or powder rooms.  Quarry is one of those great neutral sea glass blues that would go well with white, gray, black, or brown!

Klimt earrings by mayaruhi on Etsy - feautring bright honeysuckle beads!

The Men's colors are basically the same, with emberglow becoming burnt sienna, honeysuckle becoming raspberry wine, and orchid hush becoming cadet.

1 comment:

  1. The pantone colors for fall is basically what made me decied the color palette for our wedding! I LOVE all those colors.

    ReplyDelete