Wednesday, December 24

Christmas Eve Holiday Home Tour



Last year I didn't share our Christmas decor until after Christmas, so I guess I'm doing a little bit better!  This year, I was inspired by our summer vacation to Colonial Williamsburg and decided to do a classic Virginia theme for our Christmas decorations.  I was especially inspired by our state bird, the Cardinal, bright Christmas poinsettias, and plaid and gingham fabrics and trim.


Come on in!  You can see more shots of my cardinal and plaid wreath here.  I was inspired by some of my favorite bloggers' home tours to add a little flair to our banisters this year - Dollar Tree garland looks pretty great paired with plaid ribbon and poinsettias!


Here's our tree!   In addition to cardinals and plaid, I tried to stick to a gold and red color scheme with a few bits of pewter.  The Santa blanket is a little cheesy, but it was a gift from Mr. Q's grandparents when we started dating so I bring it out every year.




I really love it when my gift wrap matches my theme - it's the Type A side of me coming out, I guess.  The plaid gift wrap was a Big Lots find, and the plaid tissue is from the Dollar Tree!  It doesn't take a lot of money to have a really pulled-together Christmas look, but you do have to be willing to shop at several stores for all of your pieces.


Here's my little tribute to the holiday decorations at Colonial Williamsburg, which use a lot of beautiful fruit - mandarin oranges, apples, and pomegranates make a cheerful centerpiece.  Did you notice that my table runner and throw pillows match?  That's because they're all made from the same Big Lots tablecloth!  I used The Happy Housie's envelope pillow tutorial.


I have a little snack station set up on the counter for today's guests.  I've got Christmas plates and napkins (thanks again to Big Lots!) along with Chex Mix, cocoa, and some other munchies.  I made the wee little votive holder by rolling a glass jar in a mixture of Epsom salts and white and gold glitter - I used the same "snowglobe mix" in some Mason jars filled with pinecones that I've scattered around the house for a little extra cheer that will last all winter.

Merry Christmas, friends!  May your holidays be full of peace and joy.

Linking Up:



2 comments:

  1. I love your front door! I know I've mentioned the wreath before but I also really love all the lights and greenery around it. It just feels so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to always keep a wreath on the door no matter what the season because I think the white door looks naked without something, and in a townhouse complex where every third unit looks exactly like ours, I try to do as much as I can to make our house look unique. The greenery around the door was totally a copycat idea from another blogger, but it was easy and cheap and now I think I will do it every year for the holidays.

      Delete