Friday, June 6

My June Favorites [Favorite Things Link-Up]

My June Favorites

Disclaimer:  Amazon links contain an affiliate code.

1. Ray-Ban "Jackie Ohh" sunglasses - Breeze helped me find these on our birthday week shopping trip.  I'd had the same Ralph Lauren sunglasses since college and they were starting to fall apart.  Finding these at LensCrafters made my day - I love the brown-to-lilac gradient of the frames and they're big sunglasses without being comically large.

2. Lia Sophia "High Tide" earrings - One of my most-worn Lia pieces, these little pavé starfish are perfect for summer and go with everything.

3. FOX reality competition shows - Of course it's a bummer that all the series I love are on summer hiatus, but that also means that MasterChef and So You Think You Can Dance are back!

4. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and Conditioner - I've tried pretty much every shampoo and conditioner out there that promise to reduce frizz because humidity makes my hair go crazy in the summer.  The good news is that this drugstore product works just as well as some of the higher-end versions and my hair feels really soft when I use it.  I wish I could find something equally frizz-reducing but sulfate-free - does anyone have any suggestions?

5. Method vanilla creme hand soap - usually I'm not a fan of dessert-y scented products, but between the beautiful packaging, too-good-to-pass-up price (I think it was $2.50 at Target), and unbelievably realistic vanilla bean scent of this hand soap, I was sold.

6. J. Crew Factory Teagan ruffle popover - I've seen this style of top featured in tons of Polyvore sets, and after reading a few reviews on other blogs I took a chance when J. Crew Factory was having a spring clearance sale.  As a lady with a chest, I'm wary of tops with buttons, but a carefully placed safety pin solved the gapping problem and I get compliments every time I wear this top.  I also like to wear it with the collar folded down, like this...


Getting photo-bombed at my birthday brunch.

6. Delta Rae - This family-based band has become one of my favorites since I saw the video for "Bottom of the River" and a live performance of the same song on YouTube.  They remind me of a modern day Fleetwood Mac with a Southern twist (the band formed in Durham, NC).  I can't wait to see them perform live later this month - Mr. Q got us tickets for my birthday!

What are you loving most this month?  Post your favorites and join the link-ups below with me - it's a great way to share the love and meet new bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm a HUGE method fan, but I've never checked out their hand soaps. I'm more of a Bath and Body Works kind of girl myself. But... it might be worth a sniff next time I'm a Target. :)

    I'm also LOVING that shirt for J. Crew Factory. I was JUST at an outlet mall, and I'm totally kicking myself for not going in! Oh well.. next time. :)

    Thanks SO much for linking up with us and sharing your favorite things!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bath and Body Works too, but Method products are more affordable and made from naturally derived ingredients. I'm trying to be more conscious of what I put on/in my body these days.

      Thanks for hosting again this month, Emily!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your Ray-Bans! Also those earrings and the popover are both so super cute!! I'm going outlet shopping this weekend and now I definitely want to check out J. Crew Factory.

    ReplyDelete