Monday, October 24

A great fall weekend, design inspiration, and a yummy treat!

I had a wonderful fall weekend worth interrupting the wedding recaps for!

I finally autum-ized our porch!  I got the idea to put potted mums inside hollowed-out pumpkins from an old Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  The wreath is from JoAnn Fabrics, and the rustic star hook (the ONE rustic star I am allowed, per Mr. Spin) is from Wal-Mart. 

Mr. Spin invited me to come with him to High Point Market.  High Point, North Carolina is considered the home furnishing capitol of the world and his company has a showroom there.  I saw tons of inspiring ideas I wanted to share with you all.

My favorite display in the showroom.

Love this mantel display!

I thought it was so smart of the ladies in charge of setting up the showroom to bring in pumpkins and other fall things to make the furniture look "cozy."

This vase is one of the coolest things I saw in JQ's company's showroom.

DIY inspiration!  Black and white botanical prints, burlap mats, and weathered frames.

These chandeliers are by Deanna Wish Designs... aren't they awesome?



Today's recipe for happiness:


Crock Pot baked apples!

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Gala apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup red wine

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, butter, and cinnamon. Fill the apples with the filling and place them in the Crock Pot. Pour in the apple cider and wine. Cover and cook 3 hours on high heat or 6 hours on low heat (until the apples are soft and begin to collapse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment