Thursday, April 14

DIY Flowers - Trial #2

The one thing holding me back from going all-in on a decision to DIY our wedding flowers was doubt about being able to make a bouquet and personal flowers, so I'd been considering having a florist do those and DIYing the centerpieces. of me just wasn't sure I'd want to *deal* with the flowers on the weekend of our wedding. It seemed like it would be a stressful hassle. Just to be sure, I bought ribbon, some bouquet pins, and flowers from local grocery stores that were as close to the actual flowers I want as possible. Here's what I came up with. Pretend that the hydrangeas are blue and the ribbon around the bouquet is an indigo purple.


I think my DIY practice bouquet looks pretty good! I also mocked up a boutonniere, but I think I need a little more practice in that department :)

Cost breakdown for this grocery store bouquet:
- 1 Dozen Vendela Roses - 8.99 at Fresh Market
- Purple Statice - 3.99 at Fresh Market
- 6 stems baby hydrangea - 12.00 at Kroger

Let's see... a healthy-looking made-with-love bouquet for about $25, or a professional bouquet for $150. I've decided- I am going to DIY all of our wedding flowers with help from friends and family!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I am seriously impressed! I LOVE this. My flowers were green hydrangeas, white ranunculus, and white roses, and your trial looks just as professional as my florist's did. I loved my bouquet, but this one is even more full. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look A-Mazing. Good for you! I would have loved to have done ours, but our florist is a very good friend and we cannot go wrong with him. I'm DIYing out invitation suite instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandytoesbride and Wedding Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful! Great job! I was going to go the DIY route but decided last minute not to.

    ReplyDelete