Saturday, March 10

30 Weeks

Upon realizing that I potentially only have 10 more weeks of pregnancy, I've decided to be a little more deliberate about tracking everything. I'm going to start with this survey I found via the Top Baby Spot blog.

Last week's major milestone was doing some serious 
nesting and getting the Pack 'n' Play set up in our room!


How far along? 30 Weeks

Gender: Boy

Total weight gain: 5 lbs. - this is unusually low, and the original goal I was told was to gain 15-20 total, but baby is in 45th percentile for weight, so my doctor isn't worried - I'm having a "belly-only" pregnancy without doing any special dieting or exercise; just a combination of luck, genetics, and some occasional nausea.

This week's OB/GYN appointment: I found it interesting that my blood pressure has been the exact same the last three visits. Short appointment this week - fundal height measurement (normal), heart rate (147), and sample.

Favorite maternity clothes this week: The waterfall sweater Brittney handed down to me from her pregnancy, which is also nursing-friendly - I wear it at least once a week.

Stretch marks? Yes, but they are more on my back/hips rather than my belly so I'm wondering if they're just my teenage stretch marks becoming more prominent?

Sleep: Waking up about twice a night but able to get back to sleep quickly. Mr. Q says I am tossing and turning quite a bit and snoring, but those things aren't waking me up ;)

Best moment this week: Pedicures (since I can no longer bend comfortably), shopping, and dinner with Brittney and her sweet one-year-old on Friday. It's so cool to watch her baby's development and know that at this time next year Baby Q will be working on fine motor skills and might be trying to take his first steps.

Movement: Baby Q has two main daily kick-fests around 10 AM and 10 PM, and it's so cool to be able to see movement from outside now instead of just feeling it. My friend Abby got to feel him kick during our faculty meeting on Monday and almost cried, and Emily felt him at Bible study that evening - that was an especially active day for some reason.

Food cravings: Chicken tenders, all the pasta in the world.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not feeling the smell or taste of peanut butter these days, and popcorn shrimp that tasted yummy and I had been craving unfortunately made me sick.

Major pregnancy symptoms: Heartburn, back pain, round ligament pain.


Milestones: Starting our Prepared Childbirth class through the hospital; I really liked the instructor, who is a professional doula and trained Lamaze instructor. This week she went over the three stages of labor and we also discussed some potential red flags to look out for in the coming weeks. Also super excited for my baby shower next weekend, especially since some gifts have already started to arrive, like the glider and ottoman my uncle and aunt sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment