Sunday, March 30

sunday social: ideals...


1. What is your ideal way to relax?


A good book, good music, and a big mug of hot tea or coffee.  I created a Pandora station at the beginning of the month for Bastille's song "Pompeii," and gave everything upbeat that played a thumbs-up, and it has resulted in the most cheerful station ever.






2. Where is your favorite place to be?



The Outer Banks of North Carolina - in my opinion, the most peaceful place in the world.  I love to go there and just let life slow down, and somehow I always feel more centered at the ocean.



3. Who do you consider your biggest role model?


My mother!  She is smart, calm, emotionally strong, honest, spiritual, funny, considerate - all of the things I want to be.  She's my best friend and my biggest cheerleader.




4. What does your life look like in 3 years?



In three years I will be 31 years old.  I think that Mr. Q and I will be homeowners by then and hopefully be starting a family.




5. If you could go back and change one decision, what would it be?



I would have gone through my first year of college without having a boyfriend.  I dated the first guy who showed an interest in me at school; he liked me more than I liked him, and I ended up hurting him because of that.  Becoming a manipulative, selfish person wasn't fun and I knew my friends were judging me (and rightly so).  I think we'd be really good friends today if we hadn't dated; we still have several mutual friends and do keep in touch with life updates but it's awkward being around each other in person.





6. What is your biggest accomplishment in life thus far?



Earning my Master's degree and becoming a teacher - my goal since first grade.  I considered putting my classroom as my answer for question #2, since I worked so hard for so long to have a classroom.





2 comments:

  1. Yay for moms as role models! I'm seeing so many posts today with mom as the answer. Congrats on earning your degree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing all the posts celebrating moms as well - I wonder what fun prompts Neely and Ashley have planned for Mother's Day weekend? We will be ready!

      Thank you! My degrees are definitely my proudest accomplishment - I am the first person in my immediate family to attend a university.

      Delete