Saturday, March 22

if my blog was an outfit...

When I saw the "If My Blog Was an Outfit" link up at Hairspray and High Heels and A Dose of Paige, I knew I had to join in.  I love using Polyvore to get creative with fashion ideas, and I just gave Beyond the Aisle a little makeover, so I liked the challenge of creating outfits that express the style of my blog as well as its heart.

I couldn't stop at one outfit, so I wanted to show off all the sides of Beyond the Aisle.  My motto is "add color and style to every day" - I don't believe in spending life waiting for special occasions!

The first outfit I designed is an everyday outfit - very similar to what I might wear while putting together a Monday Clicks of Note post, heading to work on Friday, or going to brunch with Breeze and Coordinator C on the weekend.  I wanted to have some little shout-outs to the blog's new swirly design (I doodle swirls all the time so it was love at first sight) and calming blue, gray, and white color palette.  I actually own the scalloped LOFT sweater and lia sophia jewelry in this set, so it's definitely my style!  Throw in some Essie nail polishes for a special manicure, a Fossil wallet (my favorite brand), broken-in blue jeans and a cute pair of Tom's (lace is a must for a wedding-obsessed blogger like me).  I always like to feature brands I really wear and stores I really shop at in my fashion posts - and always try to keep things affordable.

Classic Blue


Classic Blue


Everyday look: LOFT pointelle sweater, J Brand jeans (similar), lia sophia necklace, earrings, and ring, Fossil wallet from Amazon, Essie nail polishes in "Truth or Flare" and "Avenue Maintain," crochet TOMS

Work look: Merona cardigan (similar), Merona woven shell, Merona pencil skirt, LOFT chandelier earrings (similar), John Lewis heels, Kate Spade clutch

The second look I put together started out as a work outfit and turned into more of a fancy party outfit.  I do own the white Merona sweater from last spring's collection at Target - the lace shoulders are my favorite detail.  I swear by colorful shells for my work wardrobe, and pencil skirts are my favorite.  The accessories are all dream pieces- I love feminine pieces with bows, chunky jewelry, and all things Kate Spade, particularly the collection of clutches inspired by vintage book covers.

Cerulean Blue Spring Wedding
Spring Wedding

Wedding outfit:  WToo dress by Watters, lia sophia earrings, J. Crew metallic heels


I would be remiss to put together a post like this and not create a wedding outfit!  I still think of weddings as the ultimate inspiration, even as I transition into more of a lifestyle blog. Cerulean blue has been one of my favorite colors since I got my first jumbo box of Crayola crayons, and when I was playing around with my blog design it just felt right.  I love flowy bridesmaid dresses, and I'm currently crushing on long dresses - they are so elegant!  I'm also in love with these lia sophia earrings and strappy J. Crew kitten heels.  Hydrangeas will always be my favorite flower and the one I associate with my wedding and other happy occasions throughout my life.  My favorite weddings and parties to feature on the blog have the perfect combination of rustic, bohemian, and vintage style, and I think that this outfit would fit right in.

So, how did I do?  Do these outfits match up with your mental picture of Beyond the Aisle style?

No comments:

Post a Comment