Monday, June 18

clicks of note.

Do you hear that?  It's me, breathing a sigh of relief and breathing in the summer air.  It's really here.  And that means more time to blog- although I've been doing some deep thinking about how I can use my online identity to impact the education world, I don't think this little space where I muse about things I think are pretty/helpful/inspiring is going anywhere anytime soon.

LISTEN.

  • My darling sister-in-law got me Florence + The Machine's new album Ceremonials for my birthday and I love it almost as much as Lungs.  This song is "Lover to Lover."  Definitely crank-it-up-and-sing-it-loud music.
LOOK.
  • It's probably a good thing I didn't know about lover.ly while planning my wedding because that is where I would have spent ALL MY TIME.  It's kind of like Google images for event planning.
  • I got very excited about Glitter Guide's Style at Home feature with Kate Arends of Wit and Delight- she consistantly inspires me via her blog, Pinterest, and Tumblr (which, I warn you, is a rabbit hole of awesome- I'll look at the clock and be shocked by how much time has passed!).  I believe she has an amazing eye for pure, classy, unique style.
READ.
  • As a newlywed (can I still say that when it's been almost a year?) I try not to dwell too much on other people's marriage advice, but when multiple ladies offer the same advice, I listen (still working on that going to bed at the same time thing).  Joanna Goddard from A Cup of Jo gives some interesting advice for vacationing couples:  taking some solo time to explore.  I am intrigued.  Hopefully we'll get some time, even if just a weekend, to take an adventure together this summer.

EAT.
  • Healthier General Tso's Chicken from Everyday with Rachael Ray was on our menu this week, and it is so delicious!  Be very careful of the hot oil if you try this one - the recipe calls for medium-high heat, but I found that relatively low heat and a slightly longer cooking time got the job done just as well with less fear of oil popping on my arms.

3 comments:

  1. It's my summer now, too! It's so much fun to be able to have time to blog and be silly, lol. BTW- Definitely still a newly wed after a year! :) I'm off to read the article on solo time to explore that you suggested...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is definitely my premium blog time - I get so organized and then it all goes crazy again when school starts, but that's life! I enjoyed the advice in the article- sometimes when JQ and I have traveled together one of us hasn't gotten to do something we'd enjoy- so I think the solo time is a great solution.

      Delete