Sunday, September 7

sunday social: all about the 5's


Social Sunday


1. 5 things you want us to know about you:
  • I am an only child.  My parents were 40 when they had me and had raised my cousin from the time she was a teenager until she was emancipated from her parents.  I have several "spoiled only child" qualities but my parents were also fairly strict because they'd learned a lot from raising a teenager. 
  • I'm just starting to really think about how growing up in Appalachia shaped my identity; in college, I tried to escape that culture, but now I'm trying to embrace it.
  • I am an evangelical Christian and also a liberal, progressive, pro marriage equality, pro-choice, pro stronger gun control Democrat.  That makes me a real weirdo in Southwest Virginia and a lot of people don't understand how my faith and political viewpoints can co-exist. 
  • I'm a workaholic.  Being a teacher is a dream come true for me and I take it very seriously.  No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'm probably thinking about lesson plans or how to reach a difficult student.
  • Mr. Q and I have been married for three years now and I think our relationship is stronger than it has ever been.  I truly consider him my best friend and would rather spend time with him than anyone else.

2. 5 favorite things about blogging:
  • Getting to know people I would never know otherwise because there are so many miles between us or because our lives are so different.
  • Having a hobby that allows me to practice my writing and develop my voice while reaching an authentic audience of my peers.
  • I've learned about so many cool things that I love from reading blogs, from TV shows to watch and new bands to listen to, to housecleaning hacks and DIY ideas.
  • Learning that I really do enjoy photography and photo editing as a hobby - I need more practice but so far I know that my "style" = lots of brightness.
  • I can't remember when I first started adding fashion posts to the blog, but participating in fashion-themed link-ups and researching trends has really helped me develop a more streamlined personal style.  I'm not buying many items that just sit in the closet because I have a lot more styling ideas thanks to my fashion blogger friends.


3. 5 things you are doing before the year is over:
  • Welcoming my BFF Breeze's new neice, Kinslei, into the world in a few weeks!
  • Seeing To Kill a Mockingbird at our local theater.
  • Going to the wine festival with Mr. Q and some of our lake friends.
  • Participating in the Color Me Rad 5K to raise money for Special Olympics.
  • Hopefully visiting either an apple orchard or pumpkin patch - I am determined to get outside and get my fall on.


4. 5 favorite fall fashion staples:
Fall Staples

  • Scarves


  • Riding boots


  • Skinny jeans


  • Pencil skirts


  • Sheer sweaters for layering




5. 5 favorite beauty products:

I look forward to reading all of your Sunday Social posts this week and to chatting with you in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the apple orchard or pumpkin patch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots and skinny are the best!
    xo
    Christina
    http://www.christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete