Sunday, September 21

sunday social: all about fall!


Social Sunday

1. What is your favorite part of fall?  I love getting dressed in fall!  Like I said in last week's Sunday Social post, a cozy sweater, a colorful scarf, a t-shirt of some sort, skinny jeans, and boots feels like a perfect outfit to me.  I love mixing colors and patterns and I think being part of this online community of bloggers has made me more adventurous with my personal style.  This is my weekend style formula, give or take a safari jacket, leopard-print ballet flats, and a statement necklace.

I also really enjoy seeing pictures of my friends' cute kiddos going on field trips to apple orchards and pumpkin patches now that so many of the little ones are approaching Pre-K and kindergarten age.  I also get very, very excited for Halloween - watching Hocus Pocus and planning costumes are two of my greatest pleasures in life.



2. Do you have anything special planned for fall?  My college roommate is getting married in October!  I can't wait for her wedding - I know it will be gorgeous because she's so creative and detail-oriented.




3. What is fall like in your area?  Since Virginia has such a temperate climate, outdoor fall activities are really popular in the area - hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing and such.  The Blue Ridge Parkway is known as one of the most beautiful fall drives in the U.S., so we see a spike in the number of tourists visiting the area this time of year.  We have a lot of festivals that take place in fall as well - an apple festival hosted by the Lions, the Chamber of Commerce's wine festival, the GO Outside festival in Roanoke, and the Thomas Jefferson wine festival at Poplar Forest just to name a few.  Since our area is fairly rural,  fall traditions like trick-or-treating look a little different - since houses are miles apart, trunk or treat has become really popular here instead, and I remember my mom taking me to my school's fall festival every Halloween so that I could collect my share of candy.


4. What is your favorite football team to cheer for (college or professional)?  I love cheering on my alma mater, the University of Virginia.  The 'Hoos put up a pretty good fight against BYU yesterday - I was proud.  I also cheer for Mr. Q's school Virginia Tech - all except for the last weekend in November when our schools face each other for the Commonwealth Cup.  My favorite NFL team is Green Bay but I don't watch religiously.

5. Do you decorate for fall? Show us pics!  I love fall décor, but it's been so warm here that I haven't been motivated to do a lot of updating for the new season yet.  Here are some pictures from previous fall seasons:



2013


2012 and 2011

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of decorating for fall, but I've never actually made it happen. Maybe this is the year though? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your nesting instincts will kick into overdrive this year? :)

      Delete